Ovi Suite now officially replaced - long live Nokia Suite!
After a month in beta, Nokia Suite (for Windows) has been formally released via the usual Nokia PC connectivity pages, replacing the former Ovi Suite. It's not just a name change though. In addition to the label, there are functional changes, we've included a brief changelog below. The new release version is 3.2.100, replacing the latest beta 3.2.98 that had been in Nokia Beta Labs.
The official changelog from Ovi Suite (v3.1) is listed as:
- The application has a refreshed look and feel
- The new Support view (shown below) offers info and help with using Nokia Suite and your phone
- The Support view helps make sure you have enough free space on your phone
- The improved sync log shows you what has changed during syncing
- Software updates for your phone software and phone applications now run more reliably
- Nokia Suite doesn't anymore run the MPlatform.exe process - we've removed that from our architecture. You'll see MPlatform.exe still running, if you have Nokia Ovi Player installed on the same PC
You won't be offered this .002 update if you're already running the latest Beta Labs version, but completists will want to grab the 88MB download anyway from the official download page
Supported mail, calendar and contact applications are listed as:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Contacts
- Microsoft Windows Vista Contacts
- Microsoft Windows Vista Calendar
- Microsoft Outlook 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010
- Microsoft Outlook Express
- Mozilla Thunderbird
So very much Nokia best-ever Windows connectivity suite? It's running smoothly on my editorial PC.
Published by Steve Litchfield at 9:16 UTC, November 10th