Nokia Suite is released via Beta Labs
It seems that Nokia Suite is now available, in beta form, at least, dubbed 'v3.2' and offering (over and above the old Ovi Suite) a new look and feel, better help, more reliable software updating, plus bug fixes and the final scrapping of the old 'MPlatform.exe' comms architecture. It's an 87MB download and there are links and quotes below.
The Beta of Nokia Suite can be found here and the latest version at the time of writing was v3.2.64. There are a few cosmetic 'known issues', listed on the download page. Note that you'll need to sign into Beta Labs in order to be able to download the software.
The changelog from Ovi Suite (v3.1) is listed as:
- The application has a refreshed look and feel
- The new Support view offers info and help with using Nokia Suite and your phone
- The Support view helps make sure you have enough free space on your phone
- The improved sync log shows you what has changed during syncing
- Software updates for your phone software and phone applications now run more reliably
- You might also notice, that Nokia Suite doesn't anymore run the MPlatform.exe process - we've removed that from our architecture. You'll see MPlatform.exe still running, if you have Nokia Ovi Player installed on the same PC
- Of course, new Nokia Suite 3.2 contains lots more new stuff, huge amount of different errors have been corrected and also many crash issues have been resolved
Published by Steve Litchfield at 8:27 UTC, October 16th